Skip to main content

Mommy life: Siggy fun!

First, is it any wonder one of my pet names for this girl is Beauty?

Braska and KiKi are at Grammy's house for a few days while I have a weekend to catch up around the house and try to regain some energy and sanity (and hopefully catch up on horribly neglected blogs). Much thanks to Grammy and the gang.

Many of you are familiar with the term "siggy," referring to an image used in forums and message boards to show off your kids and announce who you are in a fun way. There are about a gazillion styles, and I'm new to learning about them, but tonight I decided to try doing one with a few particular effects I liked.

This is the first finished one. It took quite a while. The picture is actually a combination of two shots of the girls (one where K was smiling and the other had B smiling...so I tried some tricks) with some fancy Photoshop action. I am pleased with it...not bad for the first try with this method. Doesn't hurt that these girls are so darn adorable...


If anyone needs a siggy, let me know. Now that I've worked out some kinks, the next round will go much smoother and faster!

Comments

  1. very nice!

    Kinlee looks like her dad, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammy (for Braska)August 1, 2009 at 7:41 PM

    Dear Mommy,
    I am looking at me on Grammy's computer and it is fun. We did my numbers and letters and colors first. Miss you! Braska

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do, i do, i do!!!!

    i hadn't seen braska updates in TOO long and just realized she'd been zapped from my bloglist...

    how about technological competence in general...do you have some sort of intervention program?

    ooooooooooooooo....you're a clever one. TOOO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is AWESOME! You are going to have to let me in on your secret. There have been a few heads I would've liked to have morphed on other bodies (kids and their uncooperation!) if I had the chance! I better watch my back 'cause your editing skills are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful! loved how you combined the two photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a note so Mommy can read them to me each day!! (Sorry to add the moderation, but we were getting spammed!!) Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy report: Chatty girl

Braska's been just loving her words lately. She's still signing some, mostly when we're in public or around strangers, but she's adding more words all the time. Many of her words are just attempts at the actual word, but that's where we all start, right?!? We're not saying that she'll be giving speeches next month, but we are very proud that she's become such a mimic and that she is loving using so many sounds. We practice often, just running through her words, signs, and tricks. She especially loves to chime in with videos of herself, so I've been working on compiling all her favorites for her to work with. As I was editing this, she was sitting here saying the words over and over. So funny to hear her talking to herself on the screen and loving it. So here's a peek at some clips from our practice session tonight. Some words are more obvious than others. They are all great attempts, though, and we'll celebrate that! Make an on-line

Nebraska meets Indiana

Braska's reaction to meeting the very kind Rory Feek and his beautiful daughter Indy.  I missed the part where Braska said Indy was sooooooooooo cute!  :) Our dream would be a photo showing the two most beautiful "states" together, right?!?  :)