Skip to main content

Mommy report: Back from Dr. A.

Virus.  Sometimes I hate that word.  But so far her ears are clear. (As much as she can see…it’s always debatable with little missy’s tiny canals. THOUGH, we’ve had a couple docs tell us recently that hers aren’t as small as many, so that’s good.  But I’m off topic….)

For now she stays home from school, and we wait it out.  KiKi will be next, no doubt. I never realized how awesome those first three years of no colds, coughs, and viruses were.  I miss those days!

She was asleep before we got home—it is a long 1 mile trip from the dr office, you know.  So she’s in bed now, hasn’t moved since I put her there 30 minutes ago.  Hopefully she can sleep it away.  Even with her other sickness recently, she never slept in the morning.  Hmmmm.

She had an appointment for her ENT for this coming Monday but I had to move it last week due to a conflict with another doc appointment.  Now I wish I hadn’t.  The reschedule isn’t til 2/22.  I hope this doesn’t get to the ear infection point again. She still pokes at her ears and grinds her teeth something HORRIBLE and says “ears hurt.”  This is no fun.

Comments

  1. have you tried sweet oil for the ears? when Avery would say his ears hurt but I knew that a doc looking into them would be a mini-ww3 for us I got some sweet oil from walmart and put a few drops in there - coupling that with some benedryl and it seemed to relieve the pain.

    sorry about the icky stuff - this might just be her season unfortunately... we seemed to get it constantly last year but have skimmed by it all this year so far (knocking on wood as I type...) if you need any more mom tricks let me know and I'll spill all I have... most of them are widely known though...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a note so Mommy can read them to me each day!! (Sorry to add the moderation, but we were getting spammed!!) Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy report: Chatty girl

Braska's been just loving her words lately. She's still signing some, mostly when we're in public or around strangers, but she's adding more words all the time. Many of her words are just attempts at the actual word, but that's where we all start, right?!? We're not saying that she'll be giving speeches next month, but we are very proud that she's become such a mimic and that she is loving using so many sounds. We practice often, just running through her words, signs, and tricks. She especially loves to chime in with videos of herself, so I've been working on compiling all her favorites for her to work with. As I was editing this, she was sitting here saying the words over and over. So funny to hear her talking to herself on the screen and loving it. So here's a peek at some clips from our practice session tonight. Some words are more obvious than others. They are all great attempts, though, and we'll celebrate that! Make an on-line

Nebraska meets Indiana

Braska's reaction to meeting the very kind Rory Feek and his beautiful daughter Indy.  I missed the part where Braska said Indy was sooooooooooo cute!  :) Our dream would be a photo showing the two most beautiful "states" together, right?!?  :)