Skip to main content

Busy week

I'm sorry it's been a while since I put up some stories. I've been a little busy, and Mommy's been so busy that she hasn't taken any pictures. I need to learn how to use the camera, she says.

Monday Miss Judy came to see me, and she said I looked so much better than last time she saw me. I've got some new tricks that she hadn't seen, like reaching up for toys with both hands and grabbing onto new toys. I even showed her how I can put stuff in my mouth, but I only like to do that with things like bibs and shirts and blankets, not hard things. Miss Judy didn't make me work very hard, she mostly just watched me and played with me a little.

Tuesday Miss Robin came, and she made me work. She always does, though. We practiced rocking a little, that's when I look like a little dog with my hands down to hold me up and Miss Robin holds my legs in so my knees hold me up. I kind of like this lately. I didn't like it before, but it's not so bad now. Mommy says it makes me look like a big girl. Miss Robin was real careful not to hurt my tummy, so I didn't even complain.

Wednesday Miss Louise came to see me. She gave me a little blue tube thing to chew on, but I don't really like it yet. She played with my mouth some before Mommy fed me. It felt kind of funny, but it got me in the mood to eat some. I didn't really want to eat at first, but then I decided I should. Mommy was really happy because I ate a bunch of beef and apples. Then when that was all gone, I ate some banana pudding too. Miss Louise said she was happy that I was eating so fast, so I guess that's good. I didn't really want to drink, but they were still happy that I ate so much from my spoon. Mommy just keeps asking me to drink milk or juice.

Today I went to see Dr. Y and Miss Lynn to check to see how big I am on the silly scale, and Dr. Y took a look at my belly since Mommy thought it was a little red. There was some stuff leaking or something too, so she wanted to check it out. Dr. Y gave her some kind of stuff to put around the tube in my belly, so maybe that will help. It doesn't hurt too much, so that's good. And I got a little bit bigger... 13 lbs 10 oz.

Comments

  1. Way to go Braska! You'll be up to 14 pounds soon! Thanks for the picture, too!

    Love to all,
    Papa Beagle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite the trooper. I am not sure what I would do if someone gave me a blue tube to chew on, but most likely, I would not react kindly. Have a great day and give your Mom and Pop a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delphine's therapist said she was bringing her some blue tube too! It sounds you are doing great and even gaining some weight! Yay Braska!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Braska!

    You are such a beautiful little girl! I loved reading that you don't like hard things in your mouth either, my mommy gets tired of me gumming on my blanky or clothes... she wants me to chew on rubbery stuff too! Take care and I'll keep reading your site because I get my peg this month.
    -Tommy (and mommy sandi)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a note so Mommy can read them to me each day!! (Sorry to add the moderation, but we were getting spammed!!) Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy report: Chatty girl

Braska's been just loving her words lately. She's still signing some, mostly when we're in public or around strangers, but she's adding more words all the time. Many of her words are just attempts at the actual word, but that's where we all start, right?!? We're not saying that she'll be giving speeches next month, but we are very proud that she's become such a mimic and that she is loving using so many sounds. We practice often, just running through her words, signs, and tricks. She especially loves to chime in with videos of herself, so I've been working on compiling all her favorites for her to work with. As I was editing this, she was sitting here saying the words over and over. So funny to hear her talking to herself on the screen and loving it. So here's a peek at some clips from our practice session tonight. Some words are more obvious than others. They are all great attempts, though, and we'll celebrate that! Make an on-line

Nebraska meets Indiana

Braska's reaction to meeting the very kind Rory Feek and his beautiful daughter Indy.  I missed the part where Braska said Indy was sooooooooooo cute!  :) Our dream would be a photo showing the two most beautiful "states" together, right?!?  :)