Skip to main content

Weekend eating

This weekend Mommy and me spent alot of time eating food with friends. I got to sit up to the table everytime, but I didn't actually eat very much.

On Saturday, we went to lunch with Mr. Brent and Miss Jo Ann. Mommy and them always go out for their birthdays each year, one time for each of them during the month, since their birthdays are close together. This time it was for Miss Jo Ann's birthday, and she picked a place with Chinese food. I didn't see too much that I thought looked yummy, but they all seemed to like it. I did have a little bit of Mommy's lemon tea, just a few drops, and it was not too bad. I got to sit with Miss Jo Ann for a bit and she had a shiny fun thing to look at.

In a few weeks, we get to go again for Mommy's birthday, then we'll go for Mr. Brent's. I like this birthday thing! Maybe we'll go for mine too in a couple of months.

Sunday morning, since Pop had to work all day again on a day he's not supposed to work, Mommy and me went to a different church than we usually go to because we needed to go at a different time. So we went to the church where Mommy and Pop used to go. We got to see alot of nice people who knew about me but I hadn't got to see yet. They were all very friendly. Miss Debbie came over to say hello and talk to me for a bit. Her son Joel also came to say hi, and he has an extra chromosome just like me. He's a really cool guy, I think.


Then on Sunday at lunch, Mommy and I went to lunch with Maddy and Grace and their parents and Olivia and her parents after church. Guess where we went?? El Toro of course! I bet you guessed it already. I wasn't feeling too good and took a nap, but then I went walking around with Mr. Manny, and that was nice.

Sunday night, Mr. Matt and Miss Nico were in town again. They moved a couple weeks ago, which makes us sad, but Mommy said Mr. Matt had to go be something called a "loyer". Since they had worked hard all day on their old house, we decided to go get some dinner. Pop couldn't come with us because he was still working, but Mommy and I met up with them. Guess where they wanted to go?? I bet you know! Yep, El Toro it is! So Mommy and me ate there two times in one day! Mommy says it's not the first time that's happened, and it's a good thing we like it so much. It was nice to see Connor and tiny baby Lucas.

Mr. Manny was still working, so I went around with him again while Mommy was eating. Then I got to try some refried beans. They were ok, but I only took a couple bites. Maybe I'll have more next time.

Before we left Toro, we got some food to take to Pop at his office. When we got there, he had a minute free to eat so we went in and sat with him and Mr. Tony for just a little bit.

It was a pretty good weekend, but Mommy says it'll even be more fun when I can eat stuff with the big people. I just don't know about that. We'll see...
But guess what's new with my eating? I've been doing really good for Mommy. I've been eating stuff in the little jars like apples & ham, apples & chicken, ham with pineapple, and apples & squash. Mommy has been giving me the things that have fruit and meat in them, because those are my favorite. She's been very pleased with me that I've been eating good with the spoon foods. I still don't want to take the watery kind of foods from the cup or bottle, but I've been chewing on the bottle some when there's juice in it, and that's been ok. She says we'll keep practicing.

Comments

  1. What a busy little "El Toro" gal you are! Way to go on the "spoon foods!"

    I loved your pics! You are looking so grown up and yet so cute at the same time!

    Love to all,
    Papa Beagle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braska,

    Good job on the eating! I know it's hard, I've been really struggling with eating while this ng tube is still here. Maybe when I get my PEG later this month I'll do better with the eating stuff like you!
    -Your friend Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braska,

    Good job on the eating! I know it's hard, I've been really struggling with eating while this ng tube is still here. Maybe when I get my PEG later this month I'll do better with the eating stuff like you!
    -Your friend Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you and mommy are feeling better and you are eating different foods. The bigger things will come in time. I love reading the updates on your progress so keep them coming. You are getting so big and are more cutier than ever.
    Love & God Bless,
    Carrie (From Daddy's Work)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ham and pineapple. Yun Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a note so Mommy can read them to me each day!! (Sorry to add the moderation, but we were getting spammed!!) Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy report: Chatty girl

Braska's been just loving her words lately. She's still signing some, mostly when we're in public or around strangers, but she's adding more words all the time. Many of her words are just attempts at the actual word, but that's where we all start, right?!? We're not saying that she'll be giving speeches next month, but we are very proud that she's become such a mimic and that she is loving using so many sounds. We practice often, just running through her words, signs, and tricks. She especially loves to chime in with videos of herself, so I've been working on compiling all her favorites for her to work with. As I was editing this, she was sitting here saying the words over and over. So funny to hear her talking to herself on the screen and loving it. So here's a peek at some clips from our practice session tonight. Some words are more obvious than others. They are all great attempts, though, and we'll celebrate that! Make an on-line

Nebraska meets Indiana

Braska's reaction to meeting the very kind Rory Feek and his beautiful daughter Indy.  I missed the part where Braska said Indy was sooooooooooo cute!  :) Our dream would be a photo showing the two most beautiful "states" together, right?!?  :)