Skip to main content

I'm home!

Today the doctors said I could go home, and Mommy and Pop were very happy about that. First we went to Grandma C's house to get the rest of our stuff and to pick up Belle. (She spent the day yesterday at work with Grandma C and Grandpa John...she followed Grandma C all around the church. Isn't that funny? Thanks for keeping her for me, Grandma C!) We went by the church on our way home to say bye to them. Then we came home.
I napped most of the way home, and Mommy was proud of me for not crying or anything. When we got home, Pop unloaded the car and then left to play his game with the other guys. Mommy doesn't feel very good, so she wanted to rest. I played on the floor for a while, even though Mommy kept watching me from her chair to make sure I wasn't hurting myself. One time she caught me trying my old tricks.
I surprised her good! But then my belly started to hurt real quick, and I think it's because of that thing that showed up on it yesterday. I told Mommy that it didn't feel good, and she helped me get back over again. She told me not to do that anymore tonight, but I tried it again. I thought maybe this time it wouldn't hurt, but I was wrong. So now Mommy has me in my bouncy chair so I can't roll over. We're going to go to bed soon because we're really tired. I wonder how I'll get my sleep tonight since I like to sleep on my belly... Mommy's probably got it figured out.

Comments

  1. Yeay! It's always good to be home:) Nice job on being so good for the whole car ride. I'm sure your mommy and pops appreciated it;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no place like home! I am glad you guys had a good trip. Kind of confusing isn't it braska. First everyone wants you roll over and now they tell you not too :) Give it a few days and it will not hurt anymore and you can roll around like a fool again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys are home! Braska is so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you guys are home! I hope Braska keeps feeling better and better!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back home sweet little Braska! I hope you can roll over soon without it hurting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to here you did well!I was praying for you Braska!

    Love you.
    Cousin Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Braska, you are like most of the folks in this clan, you catch on pretty fast! At least in regard to rolling over on your tummy when it's got a "new button" on it!

    Heal quickly and try to be like the rest of us who love to swallow copious amounts of food and liquid!

    Love,
    Papa Beagle

    ReplyDelete
  8. RK, I'm sorry I haven't made it over until now, have been crazy busy...
    It's so good to read of Braska's quick recovery, and the G-tube will make your life so much easier in the long run, once you get used to it! But it's a lot for you and your little girl to go through in the space of less than 7 months!! You are doing SO well, a testimony of God's grace in your life. I hope you are feeling better in yourself too, will be praying for energy for you as you care for Braska.
    Take care
    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoo hoo! Glad to hear she's home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a big brave girl you are Braska!! I'm so glad you are back home and already wanting to roll around!!! I hope your belly stops hurting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're home, Braska! Hope Wednesday was good and your mum got some rest! Take it easy on that tummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a note so Mommy can read them to me each day!! (Sorry to add the moderation, but we were getting spammed!!) Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy report: Chatty girl

Braska's been just loving her words lately. She's still signing some, mostly when we're in public or around strangers, but she's adding more words all the time. Many of her words are just attempts at the actual word, but that's where we all start, right?!? We're not saying that she'll be giving speeches next month, but we are very proud that she's become such a mimic and that she is loving using so many sounds. We practice often, just running through her words, signs, and tricks. She especially loves to chime in with videos of herself, so I've been working on compiling all her favorites for her to work with. As I was editing this, she was sitting here saying the words over and over. So funny to hear her talking to herself on the screen and loving it. So here's a peek at some clips from our practice session tonight. Some words are more obvious than others. They are all great attempts, though, and we'll celebrate that! Make an on-line

Nebraska meets Indiana

Braska's reaction to meeting the very kind Rory Feek and his beautiful daughter Indy.  I missed the part where Braska said Indy was sooooooooooo cute!  :) Our dream would be a photo showing the two most beautiful "states" together, right?!?  :)