Skip to main content

23/366 Little girl, big eyes

Wow. What a busy day we had!!

First I went to school.  Mommy and KiKi went to the Y for exercise and Y-School but then they came back for my special snack time with Miss J and Miss S.  And Miss C was there today too. She checks on how big I am and if I’m eating healthy things to make me grow.  Today I wasn’t bigger. I was smaller again. 
braskascale

BUT—I was taller.  So I have to start eating things that will help me get bigger to go with my taller-ness.  (Mommy note: Stats today—26 lbs, 37.75 inches.)

After school, we went home for a quick lunch and went to the eye doctor.  It was time for my check-up to see how my eyes were doing.

This time I decided I wanted to sit in the big chair myself.  Mommy was really surprised, but I’m 5 now… I can do lots of things myself!  The first doctor looked at my eyes with some lights and showed me a little movie.
braskaeyedr

Then the first doctor put drops in my eyes and then sent me back out to wait a little more.  KiKi was reading a book to Daddy.  He came over because the doctor’s office is close to his work.  He and KiKi waited out in the big room while Mommy and I went to see the doctors.
kikidaddyWM

My eyes felt kind of funny, and Mommy said they got all big too.
dilatedeyes

While we were waiting, we decided to take a pretend trip with the car driving place.  KiKi put the chairs all there so we could sit down.
sisterseyedr1

Then I got to drive us to the dentist.  KiKi said we couldn’t pretend to go to the eye doctor because we were already at the REAL eye doctor.
sisterseyedr2

Then it was my turn to go back again.  I like the doctor’s spinning seat. 
braskaeyedr2

We got to talk to Dr. L, and he looked at my eyes.  He’s done my eye-fixings. He calls them surgery.  He said I did good with my last one, but I still need some more fixing.  Mommy said that might happen, so we were ready.  My next surgery will be in a few weeks.

(Mommy note: Braska has improved from the former tip/tilt situation that was so obvious before the last eye surgery.  Her chin is not as high as it was when she was looking down over her nose at things, but she is still looking out of the right corners of her eyes at things.  She turns her head to the left of something she’s looking at, instead of looking straight on.  So we’re going to do another procedure to once again try to tweak the eye muscles to give her “null point” for her nystagmus a more centered position.  Thankfully, the previous two eye surgeries went very well and the recovery is very doable.  Wednesday, February 15, will be her next eye surgery.  We expect this to go as well, and hopefully it will be her last one.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy report: Chatty girl

Braska's been just loving her words lately. She's still signing some, mostly when we're in public or around strangers, but she's adding more words all the time. Many of her words are just attempts at the actual word, but that's where we all start, right?!? We're not saying that she'll be giving speeches next month, but we are very proud that she's become such a mimic and that she is loving using so many sounds. We practice often, just running through her words, signs, and tricks. She especially loves to chime in with videos of herself, so I've been working on compiling all her favorites for her to work with. As I was editing this, she was sitting here saying the words over and over. So funny to hear her talking to herself on the screen and loving it. So here's a peek at some clips from our practice session tonight. Some words are more obvious than others. They are all great attempts, though, and we'll celebrate that! Make an on-line

Nebraska meets Indiana

Braska's reaction to meeting the very kind Rory Feek and his beautiful daughter Indy.  I missed the part where Braska said Indy was sooooooooooo cute!  :) Our dream would be a photo showing the two most beautiful "states" together, right?!?  :)