Skip to main content

Eval-you-ashun

That's how Mommy said why Miss Robin came today. It was her regular time, but we didn't do the regular stuff. She said it was time for an eval-you-ashun. All I know is that they wanted me to do stuff, but they didn't help me this time. Usually when Mommy says it's time to practice rolling, she tries to get me to watch a toy or something to get me going. I know this is what she wants, but I don't like being on my belly, so I just play where I am and don't roll over. Then Miss Robin or Mommy will help me by starting to put my leg over me to tell me to go. I try to make my back hard and my legs straight to not go over, but they always win in the end, and I flop over.


Today, though, they didn't help me. They just talked to me and asked me to do it. They tried to make me look at toys to get me started, but I don't really care that much about toys. So I just did what I like to do.



Mommy wasn't very happy that I was being difficult, she said. But I just like what I like, and I guess I get that from Pop too. When where you are is ok, why work hard for somewhere else? Mommy says it is because there are even better places and things that I will like so much more, but I don't know if I want to work that much for it.


Miss Robin did make me work a little, and I really don't like this one at all.


I hope next time we go back to doing fun stuff when Miss Robin comes. I did hear her tell Mommy that I need to stop looking at my hands so much. Something about that it's making my eyes strong in the wrong place. I don't know about that, but I guess Miss Robin has never looked at her hands!

Comments

  1. Don't you just love it when they don't corporate during things like that?!

    Joey ALWAYS looks at his hands, he's so fasinated with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cooperating is Delphine's favorite part of therapy :) She does all of her therapy exercises all the time on her own or with us, but the moment an actual therapist shows up..forget it!

    Delphine looked at her hands a lot too - she's recently decided there are many other things to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to all. Keep up the good work, Nebraska. Even though I won't see you and your mommy at Dr. Yoe's office any more, I will still ck your blog daily. I miss you and your mom already. You're a very special girl to me! Give your mom a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Jessica, Miss Melissa--I think that Joey and Delphine are super smart. Hands are the best!

    Miss Amiee--I'm so glad you will still check on me. We went to get on the silly scale the other day and you weren't there. So I was sad, but Mommy says you'll get to spend more time with your little guy since you're closer to home, so it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh evaluation days! LOL That's when the child always does the complete opposite of what you want them to do!

    I've never heard that before about looking at hands...I thought every baby went through a stage where their hands are the most fascinating things; sounds like typical development to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always these evaluations... It can be frustrating at times. But then those spurs (that everyone else described to me and I never believed in) DOES happen and you live off that for months :-)
    She is such a darling int he pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a note so Mommy can read them to me each day!! (Sorry to add the moderation, but we were getting spammed!!) Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy report: Chatty girl

Braska's been just loving her words lately. She's still signing some, mostly when we're in public or around strangers, but she's adding more words all the time. Many of her words are just attempts at the actual word, but that's where we all start, right?!? We're not saying that she'll be giving speeches next month, but we are very proud that she's become such a mimic and that she is loving using so many sounds. We practice often, just running through her words, signs, and tricks. She especially loves to chime in with videos of herself, so I've been working on compiling all her favorites for her to work with. As I was editing this, she was sitting here saying the words over and over. So funny to hear her talking to herself on the screen and loving it. So here's a peek at some clips from our practice session tonight. Some words are more obvious than others. They are all great attempts, though, and we'll celebrate that! Make an on-line

Nebraska meets Indiana

Braska's reaction to meeting the very kind Rory Feek and his beautiful daughter Indy.  I missed the part where Braska said Indy was sooooooooooo cute!  :) Our dream would be a photo showing the two most beautiful "states" together, right?!?  :)