Skip to main content

Visitors from afar

Ok, so maybe it's not that far, but when I make the trip it puts me to sleep. Grandma C and Miss Karen came to our house today. They came all the way from St. Louis and brought us a couch. They were so nice that they bought lunch for Mommy and Pop, too. Mommy was so busy working on getting the old couch unstuck from the doorway where they tried to take it to the garage that she didn't even take any pictures of me with Grandma C. But Pop did think to take a picture of the old couch in the door.

Mommy and Pop always say this couch is the most expensive lesson they ever learned. I'm not sure how that works, but I know they are not really sad to see it go after six years.

Grandma C and Miss Karen asked Mommy if they could take me with them to see Great-Grandma Jeannine and Great-Grandpa Fred in Montana, but Mommy said she didn't know how I'd get my food without her. I think maybe both me and Mommy could sneak into a suitcase and surprise them on the way. Mommy didn't think that would work though.

So since Grandpa John was sad he couldn't come along today to visit, I'll put up a picture of me and him from right after I got out of the hospital. I'll see you soon, Grandpa John!

Mommy told me tomorrow is a busy day, so I better get all rested up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy report: Chatty girl

Braska's been just loving her words lately. She's still signing some, mostly when we're in public or around strangers, but she's adding more words all the time. Many of her words are just attempts at the actual word, but that's where we all start, right?!? We're not saying that she'll be giving speeches next month, but we are very proud that she's become such a mimic and that she is loving using so many sounds. We practice often, just running through her words, signs, and tricks. She especially loves to chime in with videos of herself, so I've been working on compiling all her favorites for her to work with. As I was editing this, she was sitting here saying the words over and over. So funny to hear her talking to herself on the screen and loving it. So here's a peek at some clips from our practice session tonight. Some words are more obvious than others. They are all great attempts, though, and we'll celebrate that! Make an on-line

Nebraska meets Indiana

Braska's reaction to meeting the very kind Rory Feek and his beautiful daughter Indy.  I missed the part where Braska said Indy was sooooooooooo cute!  :) Our dream would be a photo showing the two most beautiful "states" together, right?!?  :)