Skip to main content

Family and friends

Great-grandpa D passed away a few weeks ago. Today all our family got together to remember him and talk about fun things we used to do with him. I only met him once, but it was fun to hear all about the neat things that everyone used to do.



I got to meet alot of people in my family for the first time. I have alot of cousins! Actually, they're Mommy's cousins, but that makes them mine too, I think. It was nice to see some of my Aunties and Uncles, and Papa Beagle and Grammy Jan, too.


Cousin Melissa talked to me about taking the bottle, and she tried to help me with it, but I just didn't really want to take it. She also gave me some clothes too, which is very nice.


After we packed up our stuff from Grandma C's house, we started to go home. Mommy and Pop decided to go a different way, and we ended up stopping to see Miss Julie, Mr. Justin, Macie, and Morgan. Macie and Morgan played around and made us laugh, and Mr. Justin was trying to teach me how to get to my tummy when I'm playing on the floor.






We had alot of fun, even though I got kind of grouchy since I was tired. I wish I could have played with Macie and Morgan more, but we had to get home. Mommy said she misses them a lot, and she said that like three times. They must be pretty fun people.

Comments

  1. Sorry about your Gr-Grd'pa ): .
    It is wonderful to have family and friends who love, care, and pray for us. In times of Joy and Sorrow.

    Keep practicing with your bottle.

    Are you old enough for juice yet?
    Now that the weather is getting hot (at least it is in MS) a sweet refreashing sip of juice from a "BOTTLE," might be nice,

    RK maybe this bottle think just isn't going to fly. Cereal will be one of the next things on the baby time line. then she will gain. I have 24 neices and nephews and over 40 greats a new one due in June. Also several gr-grts. Several never knew what a bottle was breast only and began drinking juices and bits of whole milk from a sippy cup by 5 & 6 mos of age (with assistance of course)
    Just another thought. this bottle thing is just so stress ful for both you and Nebraska.

    Will keep you in prayer
    Agape, Meshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meshi--I don't think I have juice yet. Mommy and Pop sometimes have some, but not me. Maybe I'll ask Mommy about that. Thanks for your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you after seeing you in STL Tuesday. Sure was neat to watch you play with your hands and look all around! Thanks, too, for putting in that picture of me -- with Patrick, Rachel (almost), Joel, Skye, Ryan, Julia, and your Pop! It was a grand time together and you were one of the "stars!" Tell you Mommy and Pop we were so glad you all could come.. and Grandpa John thanks for his hospitality!

    papa beagle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a note so Mommy can read them to me each day!! (Sorry to add the moderation, but we were getting spammed!!) Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy report: Chatty girl

Braska's been just loving her words lately. She's still signing some, mostly when we're in public or around strangers, but she's adding more words all the time. Many of her words are just attempts at the actual word, but that's where we all start, right?!? We're not saying that she'll be giving speeches next month, but we are very proud that she's become such a mimic and that she is loving using so many sounds. We practice often, just running through her words, signs, and tricks. She especially loves to chime in with videos of herself, so I've been working on compiling all her favorites for her to work with. As I was editing this, she was sitting here saying the words over and over. So funny to hear her talking to herself on the screen and loving it. So here's a peek at some clips from our practice session tonight. Some words are more obvious than others. They are all great attempts, though, and we'll celebrate that! Make an on-line

Nebraska meets Indiana

Braska's reaction to meeting the very kind Rory Feek and his beautiful daughter Indy.  I missed the part where Braska said Indy was sooooooooooo cute!  :) Our dream would be a photo showing the two most beautiful "states" together, right?!?  :)